Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not Off The Rack

Yesterday I found myself writing on a fashion tangent. Today I continue that tangent with an Italian classic, the camicia. Italian men (and women) take their suiting very seriously and that includes their shirts, which brings me to a store in Torino called Sebastian. Sebastian just makes shirts. It works like this; you go in and choose the color and pattern you want your shirt to be made out of from the 100's of fabric and pattern samples they offer. You then have to choose the type of collar, cuffs, sleeve, and buttons. Basically designing your own personal style. They then measure you and make a shirt from scratch to fit your exact measurements. Now this is the ultimate souvenir to take home from your visit to Italy. I want a pink one, and a yellow one and maybe a light blue pinstripe with a ruffle collar and.......

No comments: