Monday, May 16, 2011

Blaghhh!

Did you guys know about this? I just found out that Loews hotels has made a replica of Portofino Bay in Orlando Flordia. It looks like this.
It looks too new. There is no character. It's soul is empty. Blaghhh.

I went on Trip Advisor to check out the reviews. There were some good, and a few bad including one couple that found finger nail clippings in their room upon check-in...but I digress. I guess some people feel that if they can't make it to the real deal then a copy will have to make do. But we already have Vegas and that should be enough. Do something original Orlando and don't just copy something else. Take the Sydney Opera House for example. There is nothing else like it. People will fly half way across the world just to see it. No one will fly half way across the world to see your copy. The point is I don't like this trend and I hope the US will not continue to just copy other great places but build their own great places.

The real thing.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

No comparison with the real thing!