Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Italian Hamburgers and Olive Oil French Fries

  Hamburgers are becoming quite popular in Italy. I have blogged before about how the Italian McDonald's adds mozzarella, prosciutto, and ciabatta bread to put their own take on it. Now the famous all natural grocers Eataly has opened a hamburger restaurant in the center of the city and last week, I tried it out.

The menu is short and sweet, hamburger, cheeseburger, chicken sandwich, hot dog. What makes these hamburgers unique is that every ingredient on it from the bun to the tomatoes to the meat, even the ketchup is organic, natural, free range, and local.



I ordered the prosciutto burger meal which came with fries and a beer. The french fries are cooked in olive oil which makes them a bit heavy for my taste but still good. The burger was plain so I could taste all of the simple flavors, especially the prosciutto. The beer was an amber ale and really delicious. I didn't sample any of the desserts they had on offer, which were many, next time perhaps.Click here to check it out for yourself and see the menu.

No comments: