Friday, July 8, 2011

The Nooks and Crannies: Kitchen

  I love the nooks and crannies of my home in Torino. Many of the things in our house were hand me downs from Pier's parents and grandparents. Many items, like the bidet, came with the house wither we liked it or not. But the nooks are where I feel the personality of the house comes through and that's all me. This house is a mix of Italian-French-American-country-meets-city-style. I'm calling it Cafe Culture Contemporary To see what I mean, here are some nooks and crannies of my kitchen.
Definition of Cafe Culture Contemporary (my decorating style whose word I just made up today): Vintage European decor mixed with all modern functioning living spaces.

Modern kitchen appliances, espresso machine, showers, plumbing, closet planning, and lighting mixed with vintage and antique art, decor items, and furniture. Imagine a space with layers of history from all different decades mixed with new modern touches and comforts. Example: A 19th century wood-burning fireplace and a flat screen TV in the same room.

Inspired by the cafes of chic European cities like Paris, Berlin, and Milan.

1 comment:

Fern Driscoll said...

You've got some really nice crooks and nannies there in Torino.