Friday, March 16, 2012

Tram Tragedy

  Yesterday I watched a women being pulled out from under a tram in front of my house in Piazza Castello, Torino. I was out with my dog when several fire trucks and an ambulance sped by but then stopped right in front of us. This was such a change to what we are used to seeing in our usual celebratory piazza normally full of parades and consorts. A minute later the tram was blocked off, a crowd had gathered and 10 firemen were under the now parked tram, I realized that they were assessing the situation trying to figure out the best way to get a women out from underneath and get her into the ambulance. I don't know what happened, if she fell or was just trying to cross the street. When the men pulled her out she was unconscious. EMT's took her into the ambulance but they did not leave the scene for a long while so Im not sure of her injuries or fate.

View from my window of the tram and the blocked off area with the Italian police and CSI's, the woman is already in the ambulance.

The newspaper was only a little more helpful with just slightly more information than I already knew: Torino, donnatravolta da tram in piazza Castello
 I hope the paper or news follows up on this accident and I do hope that women is ok. I actually worry about this happening all of the time...

No comments: