Sunday, June 17, 2012

That's Me on NPR!

  NPR
  This weekend you might have heard my voice on National Public Radio, #ohmygodohmygodohmygod!

On the TED Talks Radio Hour episode: The Future of Our Cities that aired on Saturday, June 16th, 2012, I can be heard introducing the sound bite that I recorded of the Toro soccer hooligans as the "Sound of Torino". Last month NPR put a shout-out to listeners to record a sound sample of something that represents their city. I sent in my recording of the soccer hooligans singing and celebrating a huge win in Piazza San Carlo. Lucky me I was one of 5 they choose to use in this weekend's show! #imawesome!

Sounds of your city starts at minute 17:10 (That's my voice at minute 17:50 for about 5 seconds). #almostfamous!

Robert Newwirth's story is terrific and all of the city sounds were fantastic,  Click on this link to catch it!

NPR Player with me!

No comments: